Friday, February 12, 2010

Teacher Valentine Gift



I know I am behind, but this is what the kids are giving their teachers today.



I made the can by removing the labels and then covering with contact paper. I then added the ribbon to the top. I put in flower seeds, Smarties candies and an apple cinnamon heart on a string (Thanks Michelle for the fantastic recipe).



I then created a poem to go with the gift it is as follows:

Happy Valentine’s Day

My dear teacher,
You have watched me grow like a flower,
And I’ve grown in your heart hour after hour.
You’ve believed in me and I know I can!
So now I’m a Smartie and your #1 Fan!

Love,
The Prestos

The recipe for the apple cinnamon hearts is 1 part apple sauce to 1 part cinnamon. Roll it out on waxed paper and then let air dry over night. I used a straw to poke holes in the top to add the string.


coming soon Mardi Gras masks....will post by Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment